Why the buzz about alkaline water?
Alkaline water has gained much popularity in the past few years. Do a quick search on 'alkaline water' and you'll see health professionals, athletes, nutritionists, moms, yoga teachers, and more touting drinking this mineral-rich water and the benefits it can offer your body. In fact, alkaline water has become the most popular water beverage search term in the past year or so, according to a report issued by Google. Some have said it can help slow the aging process, others say it can regulate your body’s pH level and prevent chronic disease.
What is alkaline water?
Most of us remember the pH scale from high school science. Neutral on the scale is pH 7. Numbers below neutral are acidic; numbers above are alkaline. Tap water is usually neutral (give or take ½ point). Purified water is acidic. Alkaline water has a pH of 8 and above. Alkaline water is also rich in beneficial alkalizing minerals like calcium and magnesium. Since water makes up so much of our body (about 60%), it's critical that we drink the right type of water.
Benefits of Alkaline Water
There are plenty of Japanese studies that document the benefits of alkaline water.
Regularly reported benefits of drinking alkaline water include:
- Increased energy and mental clarity
- Improved memory
- Clearer skin
- Weight loss
- Improvements in cardiac conditions
- Stabilizing of diabetic blood sugar
- Better digestion
- A lessening or outright elimination of a range of inflammatory issues including arthritis and other conditions such as allergies, asthma and on-and-on it goes.
How to get alkaline water.
Various well-known natural springs and sources of “healing water” have been documented around the world. Examination of these waters finds they are different than the tap water or purified, mineral-free bottled waters we typically drink. Water from these springs has been documented to be slightly alkaline, have a negative electrical charge and have some level of dissolved molecular hydrogen. They are also contaminant free.
You can get alkaline water in a few different ways:
- Use lemons. When you drink lemon water, your body reacts to the anionic properties of the lemon, making the water alkaline as your body digests it. This method, however, doesn't offer the healthy minerals and you run the risk of contaminants in the source water.
- Buy bottled alkaline water. This method is OK if you're in a pinch, but over time it gets expensive. You also risk plastic leaching and a strain to the environment with all that plastic!
- Water IonizersThis method is the ultimate way to get alkaline water. It's fresh from your tap and offers the most variety of pH levels. AlkaViva H2 Series ionizers provide UltraWater Filtration Technology and the most up to date technology to guarantee top pH, -OPR and H2 performance.
Other Alkaline Information
Best Weight Loss Tip Ever
Hydration Made Easy
Alkaline Water Research
Benefits of Ionization